TribalPrint

Friday, January 24, 2014

New Sewing/Crafting Desk!

Today, I write to you from my new sewing/crafting room! I got a new sewing machine and was so eager to use it! After just one day of using it, while on the ground… my back started to hurt real bad! So I immediatey went onto craigslist to search for an old desk. Preferably something I could restore and up cycle! The desks I wanted all happened to over $80! I was not going to spend $80 on a desk I was going to have to spend more to restore. SO… my husband offered to make me on! I spent about an hour on Pinterest looking at many different DIY desk projects. I didn't want any drawers, but I did want some kind of shelving. I didn't want anything big and chunky.. or something that looked tacky. Luckily, I came across a desk I liked from Anna White! We went to Lowes, got all the pieces, and it was around $45! (We used military discount) SO HAPPY! My husband spent all weekend putting it together, and then staining it! It honestly turned out nicer and prettier than any desk I could have bought, used or new! And its just exactly what I wanted and needed, so what's more perfect? :) I will post pictures of the desk below!
The temperature here was so bipolar but now it's just plain cold! I'm not a big fan of cold weather for 1. I don't have very many warm wintery clothes as spring and summer are my favorite seasons 2. Cold weather puts me in a bad mood! Poor husband! He loves the cold, but it's because he loves to bundle up and wear double layers for everything! Lily has been very bored inside the house lately, but I personally feel like it's too cold outside for her! She's got a thin coat so I would rather her not get sick than to deal with taking her to the vet. It was quite warm last weekend while my husband was making my desk, so we played outside a little bit! The weather is supposed to warm up soon :) Speak soon!



Jordan diligently working :) He's a perfectionist! 

Here's what the finished desk looks like :) 

             He even wrote a message for me!               These are some flowers I got from the thrift shop!                    

                                             
                                                                        She just wouldn't let me work!

 Here she is again… 


 She loves sunbathing! 



 These two are from today, lazy friday! :)

2 comments: